Register your app before using our API. Here’s how:
There are 2 ways to authenticate clients:
- Client authentication by app-specific API tokens
- Client authentication by OAuth
Clients can generate API tokens by logging to their Deriv account and
going to Security & Limits >
Send clients to:
Our system will authenticate the client and send them to the redirect
URL you gave us during app registration. A valid token will be returned
of the URL.
To display the authentication form in another language, add the language code to the OAuth URL as follows:
Complete the authentication by calling
clients’ API token.
Each token can have one or more of these scopes:
- read - for calls that only read client’s data
- trade - for calls that can create trades
- trading_information - for calls that can read information on client’s trades
- payments - for calls that can access the cashier (for deposits and withdrawals)
- admin - for calls that can change client’s settings
Explore our API playground to learn about the required scope for all our API calls.
Opening Deriv accounts
To open accounts via our API, you’ll first need to verify the client's
email address using
If you are a registered affiliate, remember to include the affiliate_token parameter. You’ll earn commission for every new account.
Based on the client’s country of residence, use
determine which landing company the account will be opened with. Use
to get information about the landing company.